In Case You’re Forgetting to Choose Yourself Today
You forgot to choose yourself again, didn’t you? Don’t fret. We all do it, no matter how tough we think we are. There comes a time where we need to re-calibrate and try again.
We can’t always get it right, but we can always strive for optimal growth. Let’s shift ourselves back into our center.
Some Friendly Reminders
- It’s okay to NOT be okay.
- You don’t have to explain yourself to anyone.
- Do correct your mistakes when you’re wrong. It’s okay to be wrong.
- If you don’t feel supported by your friends tell them! Communicate.
- Your CAN achieve your goals, even if they’re far off.
- You deserve to see the beauty in everything without failing to see your own.
- Find ways to get excited, to replenish yourself, and to seek new challenges.
- Prioritize yourself and your needs without guilt.
We Forget Self-Care Because Our Culture Tells Us To
We work jobs where we’re penalized for taking sick days. Calling in induces panic and terror. We stress over the fact that our grief period for a loved one may exceed a week.
As a result, we become afraid of being human.
Despite contrary stimuli, you still deserve to take care of yourself. Don’t allow society to convince you otherwise. You’re not weak or needy because you need more time. Hell, we ALL need more time. You’re just the first to realize it.
Sometimes, We Don’t Think We’re Worthy
We get in a slump sometimes. We don’t believe we deserve to be happy. This can last one day or several months. It happens, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of.
If you can’t choose yourself because you feel unworthy, I recommend reading my book about self-esteem. These feelings can be overcome with practice and patience.
Just don’t forget that you deserve all the best in life, no matter what you feel today.